Monday, April 9, 2012

I didn't follow the script

As I have been known to do, I pointed out something that didn't follow the Liberal narrative and I'm being painted as a bad person because of it.  The short summary is that I referred to the Wall Street Journal article of last year that observed that not only are women graduating from college in greater numbers than men, they are also making more money at least until their mid-30s.  This disagrees with the liberal worldview that women are always victims.

I'm really tired of the whole "victim" thing.  We, as a society, have been telling members of too many groups that they are victims for far too long.  Instead we need to start telling them that they can succeed, not that they will fail because they are always being oppressed.  People will live down to expectations, so we need to raise them.

Yeah, I have a history of asking uncomfortable questions and pointing out awkward facts.  This has led to quite a few liberals despising me.  Mind you, I've also been known to point out the same sort of things to conservatives, but the liberals seem to take a much greater dislike to me.

I'm feeling like a bit of an outcast right now.  I have realized that I can more easily reach many of my life's goals by going and joining a fundamentalist Christian megachurch than I can by being a member of a liberal church that claims to support people with open minds.  It's a paradox that I'm still pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment