Monday, May 21, 2012

A dissenting view on beta treatment

I've been reading University of Man for a little while now and I find myself disagreeing with his current "Shame the Beta" drive.  To start with, the whole idea of making people feel ashamed or guilty has been way overdone in modern society.  It's just piling even more negativity onto men who are trying the best they know how to have a life and relationships. 

There is a lot of talk of "Alpha" and "Beta", with Alphas being defined as men who display dominance.  But what is dominance?  The most common definition in the manosphere seems to be someone who is unrestrained by the rules of society.  These kind of men will gladly destroy anyone and anything to get what they want, they are vandals.  This works really well for picking up and bedding women, but in the long run it is unsustainable.  Another kind of Alpha is the leader of men.  Not through being bigger and badder, but by being better.  The sort of man who attracts followers through admiration instead of fear.  The sort of man who then pulls his people up instead of beating them down.  That's the sort of man who builds civilizations.

I have personal experience with the vandals of our society.  That's the normal behavior in modern business and it really sucks.  I've also had experience with having troubles and learning that there is no support for people like me, the world would be happier if I just went off and died.  I'm probably not unique in having experienced that there is only ridicule abuse and exploitation when I asked for help.  This is not the sort of world I want to be a part of.

So, I'm calling to all of you who read this to reach out and help your brothers.  Go ahead and get the hottest girl for yourself, but make sure your brother gets the second hottest.  Help your brother learn the annoying truth about gender relations.  Not by beating on him, but by being his friend.  Not with scorn, but with wisdom and kind humor.  Try to make the world just a little bit better, in the long run we can all benefit from it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I can make a brother get the second hottest girl,
    but I'm damned sure he isn't going home with a warpig (to be clear, he thanked me afterwards when he was sober so I'm pretty sure he didn't feel he was losing out -- some guys DO want the warpigs, at least for a pump and dump).
    There's no reason for men who are ignorant to be victimised.
    But the men who are stupid or use other men as lightning rods so that women look up to them for "putting the other guy in his place" ... and those same women too,
    there's a special place in hell for them.

    ReplyDelete